Many people are using mobile phones late at night. Thanks to the dark mode, they can look at their screen without their eyes getting damaged by the brightness of a white screen. In this article, we are going to explain how you can turn Snapchat into dark mode.
What is the dark mode?
Dark Mode is a setting on Android and iPhone that converts the white background of your applications on smartphones, PC, or even tablets to black. Indeed, that settings will turn every app on the darkest color they bring. In another way, we can call this setting the sleep mode.
In fact, this feature appeared firstly in apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Then, it appeared on the home screen of the iPhone first and Android after. Nowadays, the Dark Mode is everywhere on every app except one: Snapchat. Indeed, Snapchat doesn’t have a Dark Mode that is proposed to users.
The benefits of dark mode
Firstly, the dark mode is not necessary for all. There is plenty of reasons to keep a white screen. On the contrary, there is an enormous amount of reason to put it in dark.
- The first issue that explains why people want dark mode on Snapchat is that white screen can hurt their eyes. The white home screen can be really painful if the brightness outside is really dark.
- Moreover, the Dark Mode was created in order to reduce the effort of the battery. In fact, the Dark Mode can save a lot of battery while using your phone thanks to the reduction of brightness. So, we can say that putting dark mode on your phone will save a large amount of your mobile’s battery.
- The last reason why Dark Mode is way better than the original is reading with ease. When you are reading on a white screen, your eyes get used to it, and, with time, you will suffer from pain. The Dark Mode allows you to avoid pain while reading books on your laptop or tablet.
How to put Snapchat in Dark Mode on Android?
As we said, there is no Dark Mode in Snapchat but there is always a way to bypass these types of issues. To put Snapchat on dark mode in Android, you will have to use a third-app. There are 2 ways to do this.
Dark mode in Android’s settings
Dark Mode is a new feature for Android and iPhone which means that if your mobile phone is a little bit old, you won’t have a Dark Mode. For those who don’t know about that, you can go to your settings app on your home screen and check if you have a possibility of dark mode. Mainly, the dark mode option is on the brightness settings. If you find it, activate it and you will see that the brightness will be different and all your apps will be painted in black. If you follow these steps, your Snapchat will be in dark mode.
Dark mode with a third-party app
If your phone is old enough to not have a Dark Mode option, there is still a chance to put your mobile phone to black with a third-party app. In order to do that, you will have to go to the play store and search for an app to put Snapchat dark.
After installing one of these apps, you will have to open it, agreed to terms and conditions, and to select what you want. But, the Dark Mode will be different than the real one because the third-party app can’t take control of your device, these apps will change the annoying white light of your phone.
How to turn on Snapchat on IOS?
If you have an iPhone, you just can’t put Snapchat on Dark Mode because it doesn’t exist. But, there is still a chance for you to put Snapchat in Dark Mode thanks to the jailbreak. Jailbreaking is a process in order to “open your iPhone” and remove all the barriers put by Apple Company.
If you already have jailbroken your iPhone, you can follow these few steps:
- Open Cydia and search for Ifile.
- Install the app called Nightmare which is the app that allows you to put Snapchat in Dark Mode
- Go to “open with” and select Ifile.
- Tap on the “install” button in order to start the installation.
With these steps, you will be able to change the color of every app you want.
However, be careful with Jailbreak because it is a process that breaks the warranty of your iPhone. Also, it can bring lots of software issues.