DVD Drive Replacement Guide for Toshiba Satellite Pro L300D Laptop
This is a short "HowTo" on how to remove and replace a DVD ROM / Burner on the Toshiba Satellite Pro L300D.
- Step 0: Release the DVD tray so its slightly open, either when powered on, or with the emergency eject (small hole beside the open/close button on the DVD unit). Remove the battery pack (for security reasons).
- Step 1: Remove the memory cover at the base (in the center of the base chassis) with one phillips head screw.
- Step 2: With the laptop lying upsidedown with the front towards you, notice a black phillips screw to the left cover base, slightly offset from the middle. Remove this.
- Step 3: Grip the DVD units tray on each side and pull gently straight outward and it will release from SATA connectors and easily slided out.
- Step 4: Remove the small bracket with the screw hole by unscrewing 2 very small phillips head screws. Mount the bracket on the new DVD unit and slide the unit in, and apply the fastening screw again.
- Step 5: Put the memory base cover back on and apply the phillips screw you removed initially.
Step-by-Step DVD Drive Disassembly Pictures
- repair guides for Toshiba laptops and notebooks
- repair guides for optical drives of laptops and notebooks
Disclaimer and Copyright
Warning: These instructions are given without any warranty. They don't have to be complete or correct. Don't do any of the following steps if you're not sure of what you're doing. You could damage your notebook and you WILL lose your warranty. Everything you do will be at your own risk.
This guide is a courtesy provided by Stein Morten Sandbech.